Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Spot the Difference

''I will explain as clearly as I can today and every other chance I get, that we will not do anything that harms our economy, because first things first are the people who live in America; that's my priority,'' he said.
''I'm worried about the economy; I'm worried about the lack of an energy policy. It's in our national interests that we develop a strong energy policy with realistic, common-sense environmental policy,'' he said. ''And I'm going to explain that to our friends. It is in their interest, by the way, that our economy remain strong - after all, we're a free-trading administration - we trade with each other.'' 

 - George W Bush, on his refusal to sign Kyoto.

"Agreeing too aggressive a level risks burdening the UK economy, which would be detrimental to UK, undermining the UK's competitiveness and our attractiveness as a place to do business.


"I have a number of concerns about supporting the CCC's recommended level at this time. It is important that we strike the right balance between our pursuit to decarbonise the UK economy whilst ensuring that UK economic growth and employment is sustained."

Vince Cable, on the Committee on Climate Change's carbon budget recommendation.

No comments:

Post a Comment